Christmas Brisket

Minnesota smoking

Reaction score
Grill
Bbq075
Hi, first post for me, just found the forum.
Looking for some advice from y'all on a solid brisket recipe for Christmas dinner.

Brisket was a request from my daughter and it's not an inexpensive cut so I'm looking for some tips from the experts.

I have a choice cut 8lb flat and time is not a huge concern as we don't have travel plans this year.

Thoughts?

Inject with beef broth, as the flat is fairly lean. I smoke 7# flats often and I find at 225 about 9 hours to probe tender. Keep in mind every cut can be different but as a guideline. Wrap around 160. Then a 2 hour rest wrapped in a towel and in a cooler. It will b done when its done but always allow enough time and better to be ready earlier than later when there is a gathering.....salt, pepper and garlic...

Last edited:
I have a full packer brisket I'm planning to break down and trim to smoke for Christmas Day. I'm going with the Aaron Franklin process for seasoning and cooking: Kosher salt and pepper covering the outside, then 225° for however many hours it takes. I'll wrap in butcher paper when it hits about 160° and has some good bark.

Back