Century 34

Mike & Sherry Fultz

Reaction score
Grill
Century 34
Good Morning

My wife just purchased a Century 34 Traeger from Costco to give me for my Birthday. I have been wanting one for quite a long time so this was a very welcome surprise. I would like to know if there are any Kwerks with the grill I may need to know about. We also have a BGE ceramic that we use a lot. I guess my question is are there shortcuts taken on the Century vs. the Pro lines? I know it only has 1 meat probe which is not a big deal. How is the temperature control maintain temps etc.? I am looking forward to using this MANY times on long cooks all input would be deeply appreciated

Happy Traegering!

M&S

CampWhatnot

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Ironwood 650
Welcome to the group from Canada! Sorry I don't have any experience with the Century line however I'm sure some others will have some input. Cheers!

GrillMeister

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885, Century 22
I have the Century 22 that I purchased from Costco. It's just not as wide as the 34 and is does not have the meat probe. My Century 22 has a problem in the hopper during long cooks that the pellets will form a tunnel and then eventually stop falling into the augur and then it goes out. It's a design flaw in the hopper, so you have to keep an eye on it and keep moving pellets to fill the tunnel.

I don't use it for long cooks other than ribs on the 3-2-1 method, so I'm around to check the pellets. Start off with a full hopper on each cook and you'll be good.

It's a rib, chicken, pork loin, pork tenderloin, wings, fish, & stuffed bacon wrapped anything machine! I still do brisket & pork butt on my Big Green Egg. I used to do steaks solely on the egg, but Grill Grates changed that.

Enjoy your first Traeger and come back for any other questions.