Caster wheels for Pro Series 22

Dewey

Reaction score
Grill
Pro Series 22
Recently purchased a Pro Series 22 and love it except for one thing. Our old Lil' Tex Elite 22 had wheels on all four corners and was very easy to move around. This thing is a beast to move - in fact my wife can't even do it and it's not easy for me. I notice the Pro 34 has the same large wheels at the one end and casters on the other. Would it be possible to change out the fixed legs on the 22 with the caster legs from a 34? The legs at the other end are the same part number on both models so it seems like it should be a an easy swap out.

Thanks,

Dewey

I know someone that has put 34 wheels on a 22 and also someone who has put 780 wheels on a 575. It just won't work if you're trying to put 34 wheels on a model of the 22 like your Lil Tex that has the 4 straight legs instead of the slanted ones.

Here she is with the new legs! Everything worked perfectly. What a difference. Too bad I had to spend an extra $120 to make it like it should have been in the first place. Special thanks to traeger860 for the advise. :)

Attachments

• P1160864-1r.JPG
    P1160864-1r.JPG
    293.2 KB · Views: 217
Here she is with the new legs! Everything worked perfectly. What a difference. Too bad I had to spend an extra $120 to make it like it should have been in the first place. Special thanks to traeger860 for the advise. :)
I know it has been three years, but how did you get the grill to stay level? I just got the wheels and put them on my Pro 22, but now it's leaning far to the left.

I know it has been three years, but how did you get the grill to stay level? I just got the wheels and put them on my Pro 22, but now it's leaning far to the left.
I didn't have to do anything except swap the legs out. Were the legs you got for a Pro 34 model? It sounds like the legs are a different length. Could you post some pics?

I didn't have to do anything except swap the legs out. Were the legs you got for a Pro 34 model? It sounds like the legs are a different length. Could you post some pics?
I think that's what I did wrong. I just added the caster wheels to my existing Pro 22 legs. I did some measurements, am returning the caster wheels, and am purchasing some shorter legs with the casters that should be the correct height.

Last edited:
Back