Calibrating thermometer

Chef22

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 22
I have a pro 22 and my calibrated independent thermometer and the main thermometer are off by 30 degrees on average.

My question is if there is a way calibrate the internal thermometer or will changing approve the accuracy?

I’ve already cleaned the probe s as much as I can.

Short smoker aren’t really an issue as I can adjust to accommodate the fluctuations it’s the long smoker where if could be hours at a temp I don’t want to be at.

any suggestions welcomed.

If you are talking 'GRILLTEMPS':
A big % of us here don't rely on the Traeger's internal probe for REAL grill temp... everyone's is OFF!!!
If you have a GOOD "calibrated independent thermometer" then go by that. (get clips and use it to gauge your grill temps)

If you are talking about MEAT TEMPS/probes, the answer is the same as above

Pro22 doesn't have a 'calibration' for the meat probe

I hope I understood you right to offer some help

I have a silverton 810 and had Traeger send me a new grill probe... did not make much differenc, still off by 25-30 degre. Thinking about trading it in for a timberline,, it is insulated so that should help keep the temp constant (so precise even if not accurate), I use a thermPro to get an accurate reading or a FireBoard, then adjust to get the temp I want...

I use a thermPro to get an accurate reading or a FireBoard, then adjust to get the temp I want...

Then you DON'T need a new grill... RELY on your fireboard and COOK!!!! EVERYONE'S Traeger is OFF TEMP... Traeger is incapable of giving you a built in probe that is ACCURATE, THE END

GAWD there needs to be a STICKY in this site that explains all these things

Seems like the consensus is that the temperature probes on Traeger are pretty inaccurate. I use the ThermoPro (≈$50) to monitor grill temp as well as meat temps. The device has 4 probes, which is plenty to have a couple mounted on the grill grates and a couple for monitoring meat temp. It transmits via bluetooth to your mobile device, sorry, no wifi. So you will have to stay within it's range or it will quit transmitting until you reconnect. To get around this, I connect it to the ipad for monitoring inside the house. I also use the Traeger app to adjust the temp remotely. This system has it's little quirks, but it makes it easy to make adjustments without having to go out to the grill every time.

Back