Pellets Cabela’s pellets at Bass Pro

tony4402

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
My wife and I stopped by our local Bass Pro Shop last night. They were selling Cabela’s brand pellets (I think they are both part of the same company these days). $9.99 for a 20lb bag. Anyone ever use them? Any good?

Bass Pro bought Cabela's a while ago but I don't know anything about those pellets so I can't help you there.

I just bought a bag yesterday of Cabela’s Brown Sugar BBQ & Bourbon (or something like that). I’ll let you know what I think of them after I use them.

I just bought a bag yesterday of Cabela’s Brown Sugar BBQ & Bourbon (or something like that). I’ll let you know what I think of them after I use them.
I also went to a cabelas this weekend and bought a bag of their brand except I purchased the peach pecan. Didn’t want to buy the bbq and bourbon because those aren’t natural flavors so My fear was they might be oily or sticky in the auger.

I also went to a cabelas this weekend and bought a bag of their brand except I purchased the peach pecan. Didn’t want to buy the bbq and bourbon because those aren’t natural flavors so My fear was they might be oily or sticky in the auger.
Haven’t tried them out yet, probably will friday

Interesting, what do you plan on cooking with them?

How did the Cabelas brand do?

Personally I like the Cabella’s brand pellets. I’ve been using them exclusively for a while now.

You’ll notice they produce more ash and burn quicker

You’ll notice they produce more ash and burn quicker

I've noticed the same, but I do like some of the flavors they have.

I always run my pellets through a filter before I put them into storage. Cabela's is the only brand I've ever found rocks in. Multiple times. Glad I found them before my auger did.

The Cabela's pellets are made by Lumberjack in the same factory but they are their own flavors and blend combinations. very good pellets...great price.

1610043647972.png

Back