Broken Auger

Ghostrider

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 22
Bought a new Mesa TFB42B from Costco 10 days ago. Assembled and auger would not feed pellets. Got on the phone with Traeger and told them auger was free floating not attached to the shaft. Weld must have broke. The rep told me impossible. It’s one piece and it must just be disconnected from the shaft. After 3 calls and tearing the pellet box of the side and gaining access to the auger the lady still insisted that I simply needed to attach the shaft to the motor properly. I ended up pulling out the auger and sure enough the auger was broken loose from the shaft at the weld as I suspected. Asked for a new shaft be sent out immediately. I was told it takes 5 to 7 days to process plus shipping time.
I explained I had already missed using it for the Labor Day holiday and felt it was reasonable to ask that the Auger be sent over night. Of course she had to get special authorization. After a hold I was told they would ship out 2nd
113C9014-AEDB-4D86-AE9B-3E038653C561.jpeg
day. This was last Thursday morning. I called yesterday morning and spoke to a rep that said oh it has not even processed yet. It normally takes 5 to 7 days to process.
I have always heard Traeger had great customer service. Is this just a one off on poor service or is this normal? I plan on calling tomorrow, Monday. If They haven’t shipped the auger back it goes to Costco.
Anyone else experienced a broken Auger?

you can exchange it at Costco without waiting for Traeger.
If you haven't even used it they should exchange it right there.

Yes I know you are correct.
I’m just old school and had faith that Traeger would do the right thing.
Whats concerning is the poor quality control on this part and lack of testing before boxing up The grill.
This is Followed by lack of urgency on Traegers part.
I will call tomorrow at noon. If still not processed back it goes to Costco.
Two weekends with out being able to use the grill my patience has run thin.

Well, it is still "covid time". Traeger was gonna take 2 months to replace my Pro 22, I took it back to Home Depot, walked in, walked out with a 575, boom, done.

They are NOT Amazon, so everyone here has to deal with that if Traeger CS is needed.
They don't make exceptions, sorry.

Called today and was told at least another 2 to 3 days before they can get around to sending the part. I put the grill together and took it back to Costco.
didnt exchange it will look at their competitors.
Traeger sells thousands of grills each month, they won’t miss me as a customer.

$1776 will buy you the best one on the market IMO

FireBoard controller... With 800 square inches of cook space, combined with nearly 12 inches of headroom, there’s plenty of room for anything from briskets and pork butts, to beer can chickens and turkeys.

FireBoard controller... With 800 square inches of cook space, combined with nearly 12 inches of headroom, there’s plenty of room for anything from briskets and pork butts, to beer can chickens and turkeys.
You really need to refrain from posting Yoder stuff....lol 😁. I am impulsive with my buying habits and this is just one click away.....the added options take it above my current thought threshold. Plus the Canadian pricing is much higher with the exchange

You really need to refrain from posting Yoder stuff....lol 😁. I am impulsive with my buying habits and this is just one click away.....the added options take it above my current thought threshold. Plus the Canadian pricing is much higher with the exchange
Yes! There used to be a waiting list for them, but now they are in stock so it is indeed just a click away. And we don't have to buy a FireBoard!

I told my wife that I was selling the Pro 780 next summer and buying a Yoder. She asked why and the only thing I could come up with is, “you just don’t understand!”

My Traeger is just fine, I have no issues, and the food likely will taste the exact same but I have envy!

Mesa TFB42B? Photos please. And I would of taken it back to Costco.

💯 Agree. Looks like Traeger Customer Service has empowered you to the next level Smoking Experience= Yoder with included FireBoard

I told my wife that I was selling the Pro 780 next summer and buying a Yoder. She asked why and the only thing I could come up with is, “you just don’t understand!”

My Traeger is just fine, I have no issues, and the food likely will taste the exact same but I have envy!

Murphy You must do better than that. 3 possible reasons below.

1) Just let her know your Friends on the Traeger Forum empowered you to step up.

2) If that does not work show her Ghostrider's post and the picture of the broken auger. Explain how poorly he was treated and m,issed a Labor day cook and that it is based on "principle". Keep the Traeger and enjoy the new Yoder. More Smokers are better.

3) We want you to do a smoke off to compare and contrast the Traeger to the Yoder. Which is the best smoker. With your data and experience to support our business case the rest of us can follow using you as our example. We will look up to you and your wife's acceptance, agreement, direction to allow you to get the Yoder :unsure::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I just told my wife, "I'm getting the 'macdaddy' pellet smoker"....
> "what are you gonna do about this one?"
Facebook Marketplace!!!
> "Ok I guess"

partydance.gif

Back