Blank Display

Zwag20

Reaction score
Grill
I just tried turning on my 575 pro and the display is blank. It looks through the app, that I can still grill and set the temperature. I tried unplugging the grill for a couple of minutes, but the display did not come back. Any suggestions?

Did you check the plug in the bottom of the grill. And is the red power light switch lit.

Thanks for the response. Yes the grill has power and is working. The digital display is just a blank gray screen.

I have issues with ignition at times

Yep ?, I pushed all the buttons. I was able to start it on the grill itself, I just couldn't see what was on the display.

:)Oh i misunderstood. So it runs with a blank screen!! Thats just weird!!!
You got the special 575!!!

Think a call to support is on here, haven't heard of that problem before

Last edited:
Maybe you could take the four screws out and just make sure all the connections are secure on the board. Hopefully just on of the plugs came loose.
Also do you have the updated firmware?
Can you get or see 500 degrees?

Maybe you could take the four screws out and just make sure all the connections are secure on the board. Hopefully just on of the plugs came loose.
Also do you have the updated firmware?
Can you get or see 500 degrees?
450 is my max.

New firmware allows for 500 degrees so definitely call and get a new controller with all the updated firmware!!

No updates beyond Firmware version 02.00.01 have been actively pushed via the Traeger Cloud back-end since May 27th, due to the issues a subset of D2 WiFIRE Controllers were experiencing with 02.01.02 (unexpected shutdowns) ... 500 degrees is implemented through the Config Version file, and it does not appear as though the Traeger Cloud back-end will apply updates to the Config Version file independent of doing a full set of updates (Firmware + Config Version) ...

The July Update release should be forthcoming this week (July 13-19), or the following week (July 20-26), given Traeger's historical cadence of releasing updates approximately every 60 days ... you should expect an increment in the version number for Firmware to something greater than 02.01.02 ... updating Config Version values beyond what is listed up on the WiFIRE Status Page (https://www.traegergrills.com/status), is an unknown ... monitor the WiFIRE Status Page over the next 2 weeks - it will be updated at some point ...

Yes you are probably correct and my original controller was faulty and was sent a new one with all the updates!! If in fact his display is shot he will need a new controller.

I called support, they are sending out a new controller.

Back