Best place for the best meats online?

Fisty

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300
Not sure if I'm posting this in the right spot.... but here goes.

Until I can find a decent butcher in my area locally, I'm looking for trust worthy places online to buy top quality meats of all kinds. Specialty meats, things that are hard to find, stuff like that.

Prices are not a HUGE issue, but I don't want to pay top dollar for meats that just aren't worth it.

Preferably like to deal with a high rating company. If I'm dropping hard earned money, I want to make sure I will actually receive the product in edible condition.

Thanks in advanced,

Fisty \m/

Snake River Farms, pricy but very well respected by the big BBQ personalities.

I ordered a couple of Packers, Petite Fillets, and Kurobota baby backs. Taste has been excellent, shipped well packed, frozen.

But I suspect getting a prime cut locally would be great too, and likely cheaper.

Thanks for the info. Just checked them out. How's the Kurobota? Any comparison to Mangalitsa?

Thanks for the info. Just checked them out. How's the Kurobota? Any comparison to Mangalitsa?
Honestly, I'm pretty green on meat cuts and types. I've never heard of Mangalitsa :unsure:
SRF's big claim to fame is "American Wagu", but I'm gathering that pork is another chapter.

I'm a firm believer if you're going to buy Wagyu.... get the real deal. Spend the extra money for the actual Japanese Kobe A5 if possible. Once you've had that, it's hard to trust anything else. Worth every penny!!

Ya, I'm more Gearhead and less Meathead, I'm trying not to go down that road of high-end cuisine just yet.

I'm still enjoying the thrill of just making a melt in your mouth basic brisket and killer salmon.

I’m a huge fan of Kurobota. It’s really pricey but you are getting pork that tastes porky, not the other white meat-the dry tasteless regular pork in most butchers and grocery stores. I’ve been eating only Kurobota pork chops for years and finally tried the ribs a month ago. a difference. They had so much flavor I don’t even use sauce. Have to be careful not to overcook and dry them out. I do ribs to 170 degrees and pork chops to 125.

Last edited:
Fisty - What part of CT are you in? Enfield here.

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right spot.... but here goes.

Until I can find a decent butcher in my area locally, I'm looking for trust worthy places online to buy top quality meats of all kinds. Specialty meats, things that are hard to find, stuff like that.

Prices are not a HUGE issue, but I don't want to pay top dollar for meats that just aren't worth it.

Preferably like to deal with a high rating company. If I'm dropping hard earned money, I want to make sure I will actually receive the product in edible condition.

Thanks in advanced,

Fisty \m/

Once you have a near term option, a good way to find local options in the future is Farmer's Markets. Any decent size market will have 2-3 or more local farms selling meat. Virtually all the vendors will do custom meat processing.

If you find the opportunity, buy a whole or half animal. Some farmers will even finish the animal to your choice (basically, how much fat you want.) If you do this, give yourself a week or so to figure out how you want it cut. For example, on a hog, I focus on smoker cuts, bacon and sausage with the hams in it.

Fisty - What part of CT are you in? Enfield here.

Danielson. Pretty close to the RI line.

Once you have a near term option, a good way to find local options in the future is Farmer's Markets. Any decent size market will have 2-3 or more local farms selling meat. Virtually all the vendors will do custom meat processing.

If you find the opportunity, buy a whole or half animal. Some farmers will even finish the animal to your choice (basically, how much fat you want.) If you do this, give yourself a week or so to figure out how you want it cut. For example, on a hog, I focus on smoker cuts, bacon and sausage with the hams in it.

Never even though about hitting up a farmers market. Not sure I want to do that much meat at a wack to warrant a whole animal. I've already got way to much shit in my freezer chest in the basement lol. But it's always something I should consider. Prolly cheaper in the long run too.

But I do plan on roasting up a sucking pig at some point. I bought the grill just for that reason.....everything in between is just bonus!!

I still got 2 deer in my freezer that are now gonna hit this Traeger hard!!!!!

Danielson. Pretty close to the RI line.

If you’re ever in the hartford area, there’s a butchery in west hartford called Halls Market. They have wagyu, etc. Another in Vernon called bogners that usually has good stuff. I’ve also had good luck at big y. They have usda prime stuff all the time and their tomahawk steaks are great.

I drive truck for a living, and I deliver to Whole Foods in West Hartford a few times a month. Might have to check them out. I'll have to check out Bogners as well. I was just at a Big Y today looking for a pork belly....that they don't have. I seen they have tomahawk steaks.... the temptation was there, but I already have a ribeye sitting on the counter seasoned up getting ready to break in the new Grill Grates that just came in yesterday.

Thanks for the heads up. \m/

I drive truck for a living, and I deliver to Whole Foods in West Hartford a few times a month. Might have to check them out. I'll have to check out Bogners as well. I was just at a Big Y today looking for a pork belly....that they don't have. I seen they have tomahawk steaks.... the temptation was there, but I already have a ribeye sitting on the counter seasoned up getting ready to break in the new Grill Grates that just came in yesterday.

Thanks for the heads up. \m/

No prob. If you deliver to the one on Raymond Rd - Halls Market is less than a mile away from there. Costco usually always has pork belly. I've been able to find smaller packages of it at Stop & Shop as well.

Yup, that's the one I deliver to. I checked out Halls Markets website, looks like a cool place.

Back