Best Instant Thermometer?

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
2023 Ironwood-L
I'm looking to buy a new instant thermometer. What's everyone using?

I was going to pull the trigger on a ThermoPro TP18 today:

https://www.amazon.com/ThermoPro-TP18-Digital-Thermometer-Thermocouple/dp/B0793MSG7S/ref=sr_1_10?crid=2T7GXMW4P8P2C&keywords=instant+thermometer&qid=1561070449&s=gateway&sprefix=instant+ther,aps,159&sr=8-10

Thoughts?

I use an instant rear thermapop and it's fast and accurate.

Last edited:
Thermopen MK4 hands down. I have a couple of the original Thermapens that are 16 years old still going strong. They are the fastest on the market.

https://www.thermoworks.com/Thermapen-Mk4

It will be the last one you buy unless you lose it or someone steals it. :)

Thermopen MK4 hands down. I have a couple of the original Thermapens that are 16 years old still going strong. They are the fastest on the market.

https://www.thermoworks.com/Thermapen-Mk4

It will be the last one you buy unless you lose it or someone steals it. :)View attachment 381

Yes they do work well however not great value compared to a pop in my opinion. Thermapen with run $150 and the pop $40 up here in Canada. Yes the pop takes a couple more seconds to read but great value.

I agree on the pop, great thermometer and great price. If you run a restaurant, Thermopen hands down.

Is that a Meater that you have in there also? If so how do you like it?

I have 4 MEATERS, and all of them talk to 1 iPod touch, which has WiFi too. I really like it as it pushed info to you and alerts. Cool graphs also. Best Meat/Pit temp probe out there. Plus it works on a rotisserie on my egg. :)

The other thing is you can have multiple devices monitoring the same probe. I have my phone, iPod and several tablets that can see what is going on, but I have not been able to get the Traeger app to do that.

I have 4 MEATERS, and all of them talk to 1 iPod touch, which has WiFi too. I really like it as it pushed info to you and alerts. Cool graphs also. Best Meat/Pit temp probe out there. Plus it works on a rotisserie on my egg. :)

The other thing is you can have multiple devices monitoring the same probe. I have my phone, iPod and several tablets that can see what is going on, but I have not been able to get the Traeger app to do that.

Thanks for the info.. I've been looking at them a lot. I really think I only need 2 probes but the Meater block has 4 which is the same price as 2 of the Meater+.

I can't tell you how many times I've gotten burned and the wires tangled up with the 2 probes that plug into my Traeger..

I just bought the Thermapen Mk4 and WOW!!
Instant fast!
Love this thing.
The less expensive ThermoPop is also supposed to be fantastic!

I just bought the Thermapen Mk4 and WOW!!
Instant fast!
Love this thing.
The less expensive ThermoPop is also supposed to be fantastic!

Thermapop not supposted too it is lol. Thermapen just 2 seconds faster .... Enjoy!

Huge fan of the Thermapen MK4 and if you register on the site, they have frequent "open box" sales. Got mine for less than $100.

Right now sky blue Thermapen MK4 is $84.15 down from $99. I had an original Thermapen for over 10 years until it died and have been using my boyfriend’s off brand and it’s okay, but I’m telling you- those additional couple of seconds with the lid open are maddening! I think it’s time for a sky blue MK4!

Thermapen is having one of their open box sales. The following links should work even if you haven't registered. Heads up, these tend to sell out pretty quick.

Thermapen Open Box Sale

Latest Discussions

Back