Best Battery for Trarger

Cauldegral

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Hey everyone,

I'm new to traeger. Just got an Ironwood 650. I would like to use it in areas where i can't get electricity. I found the power inverter, but I'm wondering what kind of battery to get to power the grill. I've seen people recommend a car battery. I've seen others recommend deep cell/cycle batteries.

What has your experience been? Anyone have and experiences on what batteries work, and which ones don't?

Hey everyone,

I'm new to traeger. Just got an Ironwood 650. I would like to use it in areas where i can't get electricity. I found the power inverter, but I'm wondering what kind of battery to get to power the grill. I've seen people recommend a car battery. I've seen others recommend deep cell/cycle batteries.

What has your experience been? Anyone have and experiences on what batteries work, and which ones don't?
Not sure if this would work for you but I just ordered the EcoFlow River Power Station for my Traeger Ranger grill. Not cheap by any measure but I'm confident that on a full charge it will provide plenty of pure sine wave AC for any length cook I might be doing in the future. My next purchase will be a 100W solar panel that I'll be able to use to charge this device when off-grid.

You'll want something like a deep cycle battery. Something that is designed to be charged, then used, then charged again. It'll run you $100 or so. The EcoFlow power station mentioned by Pogo is very slick, but bit pricey as you already have an inverter. Whatever battery you get, I recommend a decent charger. This one is reasonably priced and you can leave it connected 24/7 so your battery will be topped off all the time for each cook.

I agree with Grill Meister. Norco makes great products - I have one of the Norco Boost jump starters and it has worked flawlessly and is extremely well built.

Latest Discussions

Back