Beef Beef plate ribs

jp9724

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
First time smokin' some beef ribs, do I treat them the same as Brisket? 1.5 hours per lb roughly? Any other pointers? inject or not? Yes I'm wrapping at the stall and with foil as I dont have butchers paper and its difficult to find or quite costly in my area.

Basically brisket on a bone, shouldn’t need any injections in my opinion. Usually when I do about a 4 bone slab it takes roughly 5 hours to get to an internal temp of 202. I’ve played with my recipes each time I’ve made them but Howtobbqright on YouTube has a some good videos to use as a base.

Basically brisket on a bone, shouldn’t need any injections in my opinion. Usually when I do about a 4 bone slab it takes roughly 5 hours to get to an internal temp of 202. I’ve played with my recipes each time I’ve made them but Howtobbqright on YouTube has a some good videos to use as a base.
Only 5 hours huh? Quick! Thanks for the input!

I bought a 4-bone slab I plan to cook tomorrow. To what temperature do you set your smoker?

I bought a 4-bone slab I plan to cook tomorrow. To what temperature do you set your smoker?
I treated it the exact same as Brisket, so if you have a tried method that works for you. Go that route. Otherwise I put them on early at 220F and they ran all day. They went on early AM and came off for rest early - mid afternoon.

I usually do 225 on super smoke until it has the desired bark while spritzing roughly every 45 min. Usually the internal temperature is around 160-170 and Then wrap in butcher paper and turn up to 275 until an IT of 202

Back