Baked Potatoes?

Atos

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger 572sq in
Feeling like something new for the 2 of us. Never baked potatoes on a pellet grill. We already charcoal grill potatoes to perfection, what I'm looking for is a different flavor, not overly extravagant, and a result with tasty peelings. I have a few different pellet flavors. With a Ribeye.
Dinner in 4 hours.
As always I appreciate any and all comments!

This reply is probably too late for today's dinner.
I have done baked potatoes on the Traeger only 2 times (See photos.)
Since both times the potatoes were wrapped in foil, I really did not notice any difference in taste.
Will try them unwrapped next time to see if they get any smoke taste.

That is also a potato stuffed in the neck cavity of the stand-up chicken.
That 1 did taste different (very good) - but was a regular red potato & not a baking potato

Attachments

• 3 of 6.JPG
    3 of 6.JPG
    196.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 1 of 2   T-Bone Steaks, Chicken Legs, Chicken Sausage, & Baked Potatoes.JPG
    1 of 2 T-Bone Steaks, Chicken Legs, Chicken Sausage, & Baked Potatoes.JPG
    193.1 KB · Views: 28
This reply is probably too late for today's dinner.
I have done baked potatoes on the Traeger only 2 times (See photos.)
Since both times the potatoes were wrapped in foil, I really did not notice any difference in taste.
Will try them unwrapped next time to see if they get any smoke taste.

That is also a potato stuffed in the neck cavity of the stand-up chicken.
That 1 did taste different (very good) - but was a regular red potato & not a baking potato
So I smoked 2 Idaho's using the basic Traeger Baked Potato recipe. I got the LEr error, after about 15 min, I figured it was too cold out(upper 20's F). Unplugged and tried again, success. I keep my pellets outside, but dry under my porch overhang, could the pellets be too cold at the start?
Now after temp rising, Smoker wouldn't go any higher than 355 on 450 setting, so I was resolved to smoke at that temp. No foil. I smoked for 45 min. The inside was soft and delicious, as was the salty peeling. But I noticed no mesquite flavor at all, to respond to your statement unwrapped next time to see if they get any smoke taste. I was disappointed by that result but the Idaho's were delicious still.

Has anyone tried using a smoke tube while making the baked potatoes from the Traeger recipe? I imagine the only way to get any smoke flavor at 450 degrees....

Back