ASH

Gary

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I'm getting ash back on top of the grill surface and whatever is cooking. Any ideas or suggestions??

Have you vacuumed out the grill lately?

If not, remove the grid, drip pan, and heat baffle, then vacuum out the Traeger with a shop vac or a Bucket Head from Home Depot. Do this only a cold grill though. :)

Yup vacuumed everything all covers removed pot clean. And bingo ash still blows.

Taking a flyer here: how do you cover your drip pan? Foil or the pre-made liners?

If you foil & the ends are not crimped down well on the drip pan, that may change the way the air circulates and stir up ash.

If you use the liners, I got nuthin

Excellent tip on the foil!!
Camp Chef pellets and there isn't an excessive amount of ash when i vacuum it out.
Happens with the Traeger pellets as well.
Just got a new controller so maybe it will vary my fan speed better.
Wondering out load here but I'm thinking maybe its during warmup and ignition??

Excellent tip on the foil!!
Camp Chef pellets and there isn't an excessive amount of ash when i vacuum it out.
Happens with the Traeger pellets as well.
Just got a new controller so maybe it will vary my fan speed better.
Wondering out load here but I'm thinking maybe its during warmup and ignition??

Could be. I noticed heavy ash when I tried Pitboss competition blend, hence why I asked about pellets. I've also noticed when I'm cooking higher temps i'll get a bit more ash flying around, but I would assume that's due to higher constant fan speed...

Not a big deal but I am new to the Traeger way coming from a weber smokey mountain things are a touch different

Back