Ash Vacuum

dblcrona

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I have been thinking about purchasing an ash vacuum for cleaning out my Traeger and my wood stove. Has anyone else purchased one? I’m looking for recommendations. Thanks a lot.

jp9724

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
I use an old vacuum that my wife decided needed replacing. Haven't bought a specific vac yet for the T. If i did buy one, it would be the cheapest shop vac possible as thats all i would use it for.

CampWhatnot

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Ironwood 650
I have been thinking about purchasing an ash vacuum for cleaning out my Traeger and my wood stove. Has anyone else purchased one? I’m looking for recommendations. Thanks a lot.
Yup I use a bucket head vacuum on a Lowe's pail as well. I clean out the ash the day following a cook to prevent any hot ember issues. Cheers.

Flatlander

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I use a bucket head from Ace. Works just fine for my needs. I also use an old crevice tool attachment for those hard to reach areas.

drich

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I have been using a ridgid shop vac from Home Depot for a very long time. I use the crevice tool to get into the tight spots. The vac just keeps on going and going. I highly recommend it.

OP
OP
D

dblcrona

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I ended up buying a small Shop Vac that you can hang on the wall in the garage. It is only used for my Traeger and my Solo Stove.

TraegerTL850

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
I just bought a small shop vac from Lowe's for my TL850 needs... thanks

captgadget

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
I purchased a power smith from amazon.com. It works well because the suction line bypasses the filter and empties directly into the bucket.

ThrillinAndGrillin

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300
I purchased a power smith from amazon.com. It works well because the suction line bypasses the filter and empties directly into the bucket.
I bought this one as well. My only gripe is the length of the hose. Could be a bit longer to reach the inside of the grill without having to lift the unit.

Slimpicker

Reaction score
Grill
Pro Series 575

RoadRunner18

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300; Pitts and Spitts Maverick 2000
I have a little Shop Vac on wheels that I use to vacuum out the ash in my grill.

RealMenDIY

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
Like others I went with the Shop-Vac Micro. Not a true ash vac but it’s super portable, doesn’t take up much space and low cost.

RemE

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
I had picked up a Bucket head, initially to swap out pellets but the small diameter hose was problematic. So, I decided to use it as my ash vac, but the small stiff hose and the short power cord meant dragging out an extension. It also clogged the filter bag pretty fast with the fine ash.

My final solution is now a portable 18V Ryobi Wet/Dry mini shop vac since I have many of their tools and batteries already. It is light, flexible hose with crevasse tools etc., powerful, easier to clean, and smaller.

Latest Discussions