Anyone disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank289

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 34
Long time smoker, 6 week Traeger owner. I loved my new Traeger I just got, but I've already had to replace the igniter and auger motor. For the amount of $$$, shouldn't the parts last more than a few weeks?

who determined you needed a new motor and igniter??

what was it doing to get to that result?

Hey Slimpicker- Igniter was on me, smoker wouldnt fire 2 weeks in. Net discussions, traced wires, no issues, replaced and worked. Auger was Traeger Support. Smoker quit in the middle of a cook. Contacted CS and did a walk-through and breakdown. No fan or auger movement.

The problem with anything new out of the box is that there can be unseen issues. Add electronic elements and it only compounds this.
It is unfortunate for you or anyone to have issues right from the start. It isn't unreasonable to expect things to work, and work for a long time.
The key in this day and age will always resolve back to how well you are looked after if and when there is a problem.
Hopefully you get your problems resolved and there aren't further issues.

Last edited:
Hey Slimpicker- Igniter was on me, smoker wouldnt fire 2 weeks in. Net discussions, traced wires, no issues, replaced and worked. Auger was Traeger Support. Smoker quit in the middle of a cook. Contacted CS and did a walk-through and breakdown. No fan or auger movement.

Any thoughts on returning it? If I had those issues up front, I would return it. I have had a lemon Traeger before. They are out there.

Hi Grillmeister- Apologies if the forum is not for general questions or maybe criticism. If so, I will take my questions out to the net rather than a product sponsored forum. I've been smoking on charcoal barrel grills for almost 40 years. Upon my sons completion of enlistment in the Marines, I bought him a Traeger for a gift, as he loves to smoke, but his new apartment would only allow non-charcoal grills. I bought mine after seeing how much he enjoyed his. So why would I join a forum prior to owning one? I mean its only 6 weeks. I joined to see if anyone else had problems with theirs, I joined to see if maybe I should buy all the parts that MAY go wrong with it during a cook like it did. I did find some great info, like the parts kit on Amazon that contains everything aside from the electronics board. But most of all, I wanted to know if anyone who spent $800 or more had their smoker crap out in 6 weeks like mine. Don't get me wrong, its a great smoker when it works, But yeah, kinda disappointed that something with all the hype didn't live up to MY expectations.

Any thoughts on returning it? If I had those issues up front, I would return it. I have had a lemon Traeger before. They are out there.
Nope, Home Depot wont touch it. Told me its on Traeger. And don't get me wrong- The CS agent bent over backwards trying to get me parts yesterday as I planned to use it for Thanksgiving. Just no one stocks parts, just smokers

Hi Grillmeister- Apologies if the forum is not for general questions or maybe criticism. If so, I will take my questions out to the net rather than a product sponsored forum.......

This site is not sponsored by Traeger, @primeone had created this on his own accord. Although Traeger should compensate him for the efforts here, as far as I am aware there isn't a dime coming from Traeger to operate this site.
Someone can correct me if I am wrong.
This forum has been pretty open in regards to venting and discussing issues with the grills. When it stops being a useful conversation, then I can see one of the mods locking down the discussion. But that has rarely happened

This site is not sponsored by Traeger
Exactly...

trag.JPG

Nope, Home Depot wont touch it. Told me its on Traeger. And don't get me wrong- The CS agent bent over backwards trying to get me parts yesterday as I planned to use it for Thanksgiving. Just no one stocks parts, just smokers
Home Depot supposed to give you 90 days to return

Hi Grillmeister- Apologies if the forum is not for general questions or maybe criticism. If so, I will take my questions out to the net rather than a product sponsored forum. I've been smoking on charcoal barrel grills for almost 40 years. Upon my sons completion of enlistment in the Marines, I bought him a Traeger for a gift, as he loves to smoke, but his new apartment would only allow non-charcoal grills. I bought mine after seeing how much he enjoyed his. So why would I join a forum prior to owning one? I mean its only 6 weeks. I joined to see if anyone else had problems with theirs, I joined to see if maybe I should buy all the parts that MAY go wrong with it during a cook like it did. I did find some great info, like the parts kit on Amazon that contains everything aside from the electronics board. But most of all, I wanted to know if anyone who spent $800 or more had their smoker crap out in 6 weeks like mine. Don't get me wrong, its a great smoker when it works, But yeah, kinda disappointed that something with all the hype didn't live up to MY expectations.

No apologies needed. No offense, but your first post, innocuous as it is, had many makings of a troll post and as a moderator, I was just checking to see if it was legit. We usually shut such negative posting down pretty quick as it brings nothing to the forum.

As it was pointed out, this is not a Traeger sponsored forum, but a grass roots effort to build a community of Traeger users to commiserate and share experiences. We are all glad to help out where we can.

My second Traeger was a Century 22 from Costco which I returned for a full refund 9 months later due to a lack of CS at Traeger. It was a lemon that would always throw a code on the smoke setting. Then the heat baffle warped and could not be put back in place, hence the return. I bought another Century 22 (new design) and it's been working great for a couple of years now.

I would push Home Depot to take it back even to the point of contesting the charge on the credit card. No one should have to deal with parts and labor to fix a defect in an $800 grill so early in the game.

Home Depot supposed to give you 90 days to return
Nope, Take it up with Traeger. They did the same with my Rigid tools/batteries when my charger quit a week in, so I actually expected that when I went back.

Sounds like you are NOT 100% happy.

1637683477254.png

You have found yourself a terrible HD. I’ve never once had any problem whatsoever taking an item back to them. I took a year old ryobi flashlight back to them that stopped worked and they swapped it out for one on the shelf no questions asked. Same with a lemon or a gas weed whacker. Ryobi/Rigid are the same company so policies should be similar I would think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back