Another cant connect issue

FastEddieB

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Ironwood 650. Worked flawlessly Oct through Jan. At the first update it downloaded the new firmware but never reconnected with the app.

Since then I have spent several hours on the phone with Traeger tech support. Uninstall, reinstall, uninstall, reinstall. Confirmed 2.4gz. Grill is sitting beside the router (1-3 feet away depending on where I roll the grill). Upload speed confirmed 6 Mb download 38 Mb. Last thing we with tech support in Feb was to reinstall the original firmware so now currently on the old 1.0 version.

The grill has worked in the last 4 months, just no WiFire connection.

Running on an iPhone (lastest version of app) and tried it on an android (lastest version of app) just today. Spent another 40 minutes with tech support yesterday. They could not tell me anything I could do (beyond what I have already done).

Is it simply that it doesn’t work on some units and not others? I am tempted to just send it back to Traeger. Just ship it to Utah.

I am hoping someone here can tell me that I am just stuck with it without WiFire and there are many others like me. If i have to live with it, i have to live with it.

Please advise.

Ironwood 650. Worked flawlessly Oct through Jan. At the first update it downloaded the new firmware but never reconnected with the app.

Since then I have spent several hours on the phone with Traeger tech support. Uninstall, reinstall, uninstall, reinstall. Confirmed 2.4gz. Grill is sitting beside the router (1-3 feet away depending on where I roll the grill). Upload speed confirmed 6 Mb download 38 Mb. Last thing we with tech support in Feb was to reinstall the original firmware so now currently on the old 1.0 version.

The grill has worked in the last 4 months, just no WiFire connection.

Running on an iPhone (lastest version of app) and tried it on an android (lastest version of app) just today. Spent another 40 minutes with tech support yesterday. They could not tell me anything I could do (beyond what I have already done).

Is it simply that it doesn’t work on some units and not others? I am tempted to just send it back to Traeger. Just ship it to Utah.

I am hoping someone here can tell me that I am just stuck with it without WiFire and there are many others like me. If i have to live with it, i have to live with it.

Please advise.

iOS App Version = 2.0.5 (released in the past couple weeks) ...
Android App Version = 2.0.6 (released in the past 24 hours) ...

To confirm - you have an Ironwood 650 with a D2 WiFIRE Controller, and not one with the older D2 ARC Controller, correct?

If it is the D2 WiFIRE Controller, are you saying that once the January 2020 Updates were installed on the D2 WiFIRE Controller, that you lost the ability to connect the controller to your Home Wi-Fi? There are numerous reports across multiple Traeger-related FB groups of people experiencing the same issue post-January 2020 Updates ...

For the D2 WiFIRE Controllers, if the Firmware was downgraded to 1.x levels during troubleshooting with Traeger Support, I'm 99%+ confident that the current App versions are unable to interact with anything less than 2.x levels of Firmware, thus the only path to resolution is having them send you a replacement controller board ...

At this point, they should be sending you out a replacement controller with the latest Firmware / Config Version (02.01.02 / 06.009) for your grill model already installed ... I would call back and firmly request to speak with a Tech Lead / Supervisor to get a replacement sent out ASAP (which could be weeks given their backlog in having to replace so many controllers due to the May Update issues) ...

Perfect. Thank you. I was thinking thinking it was too late for something or the antenna was bad. Maybe a new board is all i need.

Back