Alternative to Chimney on Pro 780

ConstantlyWaivering

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
Has anyone removed the chimney completely and installed something like a daisy wheel in its place? I am getting some flack about the appearance of the chimney and exterior grease bucket on the patio and am trying to come up with some solutions. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey not sure what your after so tell me more!!

Hey not sure what your after so tell me more!!

My wife doesn't like the look of the chimney and likes the look of the Ironwood. While I know I cannot recreate the "downdraft" of the Ironwood, I was wondering if someone has operated their Pro without the chimney. The only real issue I can see is having wind blow directly through the hole so I was thinking of installing a downward facing vent (similar to dryer exhaust) and then a daisy wheel to be able to close it up when not in use or to lessen the effect if winds are really bad.

The fan blowing on the pellets creates pressure in the cook chamber thereby expelling exhaust instead of a draft which can be regulated by intake and exhaust of air.The modification of your exhaust will only change where it is blown out from.

The fan blowing on the pellets creates pressure in the cook chamber thereby expelling exhaust instead of a draft which can be regulated by intake and exhaust of air.The modification of your exhaust will only change where it is blown out from.

Thanks. That is what I figured given the number of pellet grills with short chimneys or no chimneys. NOw I just have to wanted through Home Depot to find something that will work before making it myself.

Look online for a metal dryer vent. You can get them in black to match the grill. I would just cut the dryer hose stub off the back, seal it with a little RTV silicone and figure out a way to screw it to the housing.

Attachments

• 1C66798A-7BF2-48AF-B830-D9096F4A7D3C.jpeg
    1C66798A-7BF2-48AF-B830-D9096F4A7D3C.jpeg
    12.5 KB · Views: 28

Latest Discussions

Back