Add a "Smokin-It" Cold Smoke Generator to Timberline 850

Probably no issue.

My favorite anti-rust spray is "Corrosion-X". It's excellent, I use it on all my weather exposed stuff, including outdoor power outlets etc.

Available on Amazon

Just had to break out my gun cleaning kit to clean the Smokin-it tube... wow does that thing get dirty and clogged...
but LOVE THAT SMOKE

Probably no issue.

My favorite anti-rust spray is "Corrosion-X". It's excellent, I use it on all my weather exposed stuff, including outdoor power outlets etc.

Available on Amazon
That’s what I was thinking. Thanks RemE!

Just had to break out my gun cleaning kit to clean the Smokin-it tube... wow does that thing get dirty and clogged...
but LOVE THAT SMOKE
Slimpicker.... great information! I will have to remember that.

Gonna have this baby on "Full Smoke Ahead" when I put that Turkey on.... apple pellets in the Smokin-it

BTW, I extended my tube 12" so now the smoke comes out right next to the fire pot and I get little to no blow back from the fan at all... all I get now is a Traeger full of smoke!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna have this baby on "Full Smoke Ahead" when I put that Turkey on.... apple pellets in the Smokin-it

BTW, I extended my tube 12" so now the smoke comes out right next to the fire pot and I get little to no blow back from the fan at all... all I get now is a Traeger full of smoke!!!!!!!!!!

Just slipped this tube over the existing one? Nice idea.

I'm going to add apple smoke to my turkey as well!

but LOVE THAT SMOKE
So are you doing away with the plug when you are not using the generator? I just finished making my plug but if there is no blow back when you extended the tube, I may rethink this.

I would stick with the plug when not using the Bella. The grill is slightly pressurized in normal use so it would still back flow into the Bella when it isn't running.

Hey RemE and Slimpicker,
I guess I’m confused so looking to be educated please. What was Slimpicker talking about when he said “little to no blow back from the fan at all”. I have yet to fire up my Bella so I’m confused between Slimpicker’s comment and RemE original post comment about blow back and the need for the plug. Thanks for the understanding.

Hey RemE and Slimpicker,
I guess I’m confused so looking to be educated please. What was Slimpicker talking about when he said “little to no blow back from the fan at all”. I have yet to fire up my Bella so I’m confused between Slimpicker’s comment and RemE original post comment about blow back and the need for the plug. Thanks for the understanding.
The fan pumps air into the grill, the better the door seals etc. the more air can only exit thru the exhaust ports. The fire pot blows fire and ash out the right and left sides so a short Bella tube will get more direct blast, so potentially more ash. A longer tube gets the opening away from the direct blast, but in my opinion, smoke would still want push into the Bella if it was off, due to the fan's air pressure in the grill.

So I use plug when Bella is off and will probably add the tube extension when using both grill and Bella, and no extension when cold smoking with Bella alone.

Gotcha....makes sense
Thanks for the clarification

The fan pumps air into the grill, the better the door seals etc. the more air can only exit thru the exhaust ports. The fire pot blows fire and ash out the right and left sides so a short Bella tube will get more direct blast, so potentially more ash. A longer tube gets the opening away from the direct blast, but in my opinion, smoke would still want push into the Bella if it was off, due to the fan's air pressure in the grill.

So I use plug when Bella is off and will probably add the tube extension when using both grill and Bella, and no extension when cold smoking with Bella alone.

EXACTLY
My tube is right at the base of the firepot inside the baffle, so it seams the air pressure there is either neutral or actually blowing away from the end of my tube cuz I get less blow back. This is when using BOTH GRILL and BELLA
No Bella then I use the PLUG

I did another round of Deer Jerky but this time WITH BELLA running the whole time... OMG it was unbelievable the flavor difference and this last batch of jerky was DARKER cuz of that added smoke

Well, the Turkey is in the hopper and the Bella is stoked with Cherry pellets. Unfortunately the Timberline has pretty good back pressure and it wants to blow back thru the Bellla, even with the air pump at full throttle.

I have the extension tube on order but I think I may add nipple fittings to the Bella's side ports. These will connect to the air pump along with the stock venturi nipple. This will insure that there will be positive pressure when running Bella with the grill.

I'll tap both ports and leave the front nipple in place. The rear one will be attached after startup. Or I might add a cover flap over a dedicated lighting port.

Last edited:
^^^^^^ I'll be waiting to see this ^^^^^^
That extension tube really helped

Latest Discussions

Back