Acurite Meat Thermometer

bms

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Have any of you ever used or know about the Aucrite 00395W1 digital thermometer?

I would never use them, 5-10 sec read is very slow. if you must have a meat thermometer get a Thermapen, very accurate and under 3 secs to read and you can calibrate it easily.
Finally get a Fireboard 2 meat probe set and your cooking will change from the first time you use it.
Do not rely on the Traeger pit temp as being accurate and the probe is useless.

if you must have a meat thermometer get a Thermapen, very accurate and under 3 secs to read and you can calibrate it easily.
smiley-signs011.gif
smiley-signs064.gif

You get what you pay for...

Yeah, my father-in-law gave it to me and I wanted to know if I should just try it or get a Thermapen.

gave it to me

Well if it's free try it, but how are you gonna prove it right or wrong unless you have a totally accurate one to go buy...
I bought a ThermoPro before I bought the Thermapen, ( I got them confused) I almost ate raw chicken from the first time with the ThermoPro.... the company told me to keep it and refunded me instead of sending me a NEW ONE???? Maybe cuz they know their product is :poop:

I have the ThermoPro in my hand and it isn't worth taking the temp of boiling water!!!! BECAUSE IT'S WRONG!!!!!!

Well if it's free try it, but how are you gonna prove it right or wrong unless you have a totally accurate one to go buy...
I bought a ThermoPro before I bought the Thermapen, ( I got them confused) I almost ate raw chicken from the first time with the ThermoPro.... the company told me to keep it and refunded me instead of sending me a NEW ONE???? Maybe cuz they know their product is :poop:

I have the ThermoPro in my hand and it isn't worth taking the temp of boiling water!!!! BECAUSE IT'S WRONG!!!!!!
Thanks - good point. Just have to bite the bullet and get the Thermapen.

I'm late to the party here but I like a thermometer that sends out a constant temp so I don't have to run back and forth to the grill all the time. I have had pretty good luck with Traeger's temp probe but do find I slightly overcook things sometimes. For our motor coach grilling, I have a Meater that I use with a standard grill. It seems to work great but I have read they can fail if the temp gets too hot.

I wish one of the thermometers would calculate when the meat his half cooked so I can know the perfect time to flip it over.

Remote and accuracy FireBoard (get the competition probes ...

Back