Accessing the D2 controller setup interface

Øystein Appelgren

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300
Hi, has anyone tried to access the controller interface from a computer to manipulate the fabric settings? I assume as the Wifire is a PID, it should also be possible to access it settings from some kind of backend interface, and not only from the controllers menu? Or am I thinking it wrong? I would like to see if I am able to overrun the max temp preset of 260C, as I am pretty disappointed that it is not possible to actually grill an hamburger on "direct heat" with a proper crust on that damn thing without sacrificing the internal temp.

Feasible?

I would like to see if I am able to overrun the max temp preset of 260C, as I am pretty disappointed that it is not possible to actually grill an hamburger on "direct heat"

Ill-advised as this would probably be a fire hazard going over 500°... not to mention damage to your grill with many having blistered paint at 500.

I do burgers all the time on my grill and never go over 300°, get a gas grill or weber kettle for high temps.

There is a way to take out your drip pan and heat shield and put your grates back and cook right over your firepot on "grillgrates", if you have the jewels to do so.

Last edited:
Ill-advised as this would probably be a fire hazard going over 500°... not to mention damage to your grill with many having blistered paint at 500.

I do burgers all the time on my grill and never go over 300°, get a gas grill or weber kettle for high temps.

There is a way to take out your drip pan and heat shield and put your grates back and cook right over your firepot on grillgrates, if you have the jewels to do so.
No guts, no glory 🤪 I’m not to worried of the paint blistering, the timberline is double insulated, and I suspect it will at lest withstand at least 350c/662f for a short period of time.

However, I discovered this in a Norwegian FB forum, which gives me some hope without tinkering with the software settings:

And this also looks like a viable option:

In the end, it’s just a few degrees increase to have an adequate result. My “benchmark test” is to have a 250gr, 1 inch-ish thick burger with a perfect sear crust, medium done. Why? Because my Treager dealer told me “no worries, it will work like a charm. We are talking the the Mercedes of pellet grills!” Mercedes my ass 🤪

Attached you can see my test burger after 5 minutes each side @ 500f, well preheated. Almost there, but just almost…… Core temp 59c/132f. I assume 1-2 minutes more on each side would have done the trick for the surface caramelization, but it would also have ruined the inside

Attachments

• 430A1888-79C0-4CBB-B21B-0514BCCD36DC.jpeg
    430A1888-79C0-4CBB-B21B-0514BCCD36DC.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 12
  • DC4C5FC6-AE88-4F9D-842A-74936ABB63BA.jpeg
    DC4C5FC6-AE88-4F9D-842A-74936ABB63BA.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 12

Latest Discussions

Back