A local Ace Hardware stops selling the Pro D2 575/780?

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
2023 Ironwood-L
I just ran across this post on Facebook that I thought was interesting..

My local Ace Hardware has officially removed the 575/780’s from their showroom floor! They had numerous returns and won’t sell them until the temp problem is resolved. Straight from the managers mouth! Those of you having issues, you’re perfectly sane! There is an issue, despite what T-CS is telling you!

I have a 575 and temp is all over the place. Traeger must not of cooked ribs on it with there 3-2-1 method. It took over an hour longer. Temp is terrible when u try to smoke at 185 . Its up and down temp swing is terrible. The old 22 and 34 worked great across the board

I have a 575 and temp is all over the place. Traeger must not of cooked ribs on it with there 3-2-1 method. It took over an hour longer. Temp is terrible when u try to smoke at 185 . Its up and down temp swing is terrible. The old 22 and 34 worked great across the board
I had the same problem. I took it back and got a Timberline Gen 1. Working perfectly fine.

I still do not have a Pro 575 grill that works. Received a new controller on 4/19 but no temp probe. Traeger said they will ship next week. I am going to give them another 2 weeks to get what up till now as has been an expensive yard ornament working. Will probably end up returning it and purchasing a Rec Tec or Green mountain.

I have a 575 which had been working fine until I tried to smoke at 185 yesterday.The temps were all over the place like others have mentioned.
Called Traeger and they are sending out a new controller.
Purchased mine from an Ace but I’ve just went past the 30 day return period.
So not sure what I’m going to do if the new controller doesn’t fix the issue.

Has anyone gotten a satisfactory solution to this problem? I called customer service yesterday for the exact same problem, their solutionwas to send me a new thermocouple, that makes no sense, it reads temperature just fine, I even plugged the type k plug into a multimetere I have and it goes up and doen temperature wise just fine. I left a message to have a customer service manager to call me back, we will see if they call.... Very disappointed in the unit..... And on top of everything else, it hardly makes ANY smoke!!!

This is not good considering what my new 885 is doing.

P.s. I work for Ace Hardware in Iowa not a good feeling it gives me

This is not good considering what my new 885 is doing.

P.s. I work for Ace Hardware in Iowa not a good feeling it gives me

Have you guys sold many of the newer Traegers? Are any of your customers having issues as well?

Sold 5 575's and 3 885's

So far only report on issues is MY GRILL
Lol

I just purchased a pro-780 from cabelas. Got it home and put together yesterday. Thought I would fire it up and season it per the manual. Primed the auger, set the temp to 350 and hit ignite. It fired up, temp started climbing - went right past the 350 set point...hit like 580 before it got a HIgh Temp Err on the display and did an emergency shutdown.....basically stopped the fan and let it cool off.

Retried the system tonite....same problem. Called T-CS and they upgraded firmware, retried - same problem except I started shutdown before it got to 600...called T-CS again - new guy said let it climb up as there is more than likely extra pellets in firebox. Before starting again - I cleaned out grill firebox etc no extra pellets. Hit ignote - it fired up and went to 631 before hitting High Temp Err Again.

I am calling T-CS tomorrow - if they do not know what it is, I am returning grill buying another brand. Cabelas and Trager can figure it out cause I am done. When you spend $1000 on something you expect it can do the basics -- this is clearly a quality problem and frankly a safty problem. Imagine this thing really catching something else on fire at those temps...I worry for their liability.

I just purchased a pro-780 from cabelas. Got it home and put together yesterday. Thought I would fire it up and season it per the manual. Primed the auger, set the temp to 350 and hit ignite. It fired up, temp started climbing - went right past the 350 set point...hit like 580 before it got a HIgh Temp Err on the display and did an emergency shutdown.....basically stopped the fan and let it cool off.

Retried the system tonite....same problem. Called T-CS and they upgraded firmware, retried - same problem except I started shutdown before it got to 600...called T-CS again - new guy said let it climb up as there is more than likely extra pellets in firebox. Before starting again - I cleaned out grill firebox etc no extra pellets. Hit ignote - it fired up and went to 631 before hitting High Temp Err Again.

I am calling T-CS tomorrow - if they do not know what it is, I am returning grill buying another brand. Cabelas and Trager can figure it out cause I am done. When you spend $1000 on something you expect it can do the basics -- this is clearly a quality problem and frankly a safty problem. Imagine this thing really catching something else on fire at those temps...I worry for their liability.

Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about the issues. It's certainly something you don't expect when spending that much money on a product. How did things turn out for you?

Back