A little Halloween Fun.. Traeger Style

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
2023 Ironwood-L
Fired up the Traeger yesterday for a little Halloween fun. We did wings, pizza and some mummy dogs. All came out pretty good. I need to keep trying out different methods for the wings as they weren't as crispy as I was hoping for. I smoked them for 20 mins at 200 in super smoke mode and then cranked it up to 400 for another 20-25 minutes. The jack o lantern pizza was from Papa Murphy's and as usual they come out really good on the Traeger. My wife made the mummy dogs. This was done by using HEB brisket hotdogs wrapped in crescent rolls dough for about 15 minutes. It sure is fun having an outdoor oven!

traeger-halloween-fun1.jpg

traeger-halloween-fun2.jpg

I can't get them either ... shipping to home is suspended... DUE TO "you know, the thing"

I did a web search, there is nothing like that around here either.

Now we need to go to Texas to see @GrillMeister outdoor kitcken and buy a truck load of hotdogs. :D

Now we need to go to Texas to see @GrillMeister outdoor kitcken and buy a truck load of hotdogs. :D

I'll drive!!! Timmy meet me in KC

wife: "where the hell do you think you're going?"

me: "to see the world's greatest Traeger outdoor kitchen, and to get hotdogs"

wife: "are you ****ing kidding me!!!! Sit you @$$ back down and watch football"

me: "yes dear" ☹

OMG!! EXACTLY!!!?

Ive done both ways. I prefer fat side down. I've had better luck that way, and i think meat finishes more juicy.

Fired up the Traeger yesterday for a little Halloween fun. We did wings, pizza and some mummy dogs. All came out pretty good. I need to keep trying out different methods for the wings as they weren't as crispy as I was hoping for. I smoked them for 20 mins at 200 in super smoke mode and then cranked it up to 400 for another 20-25 minutes. The jack o lantern pizza was from Papa Murphy's and as usual they come out really good on the Traeger. My wife made the mummy dogs. This was done by using HEB brisket hotdogs wrapped in crescent rolls dough for about 15 minutes. It sure is fun having an outdoor oven!

View attachment 3062
View attachment 3063

Latest Discussions

Back