885 startup issues

tmelch27

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
I have the 885 just purchased late fall. I have had some problems with startup latley, sometimes it never reaches desired temp and goes into low temp and latley I've seeen it reach 585 degrees when my setpoint is 350. Should I put pellets in the pot after cleaning? not sure the problem here

I have the 885 just purchased late fall. I have had some problems with startup latley, sometimes it never reaches desired temp and goes into low temp and latley I've seeen it reach 585 degrees when my setpoint is 350. Should I put pellets in the pot after cleaning? not sure the problem here
I always throw a small handful of pellets in the pot after vacuuming it out prior. The grill keep the auger moving after the fire is out during a shut down to ignite the next start up. If you don't add any pellets in after cleaning, it'll take a lot longer to ignite and you will most likely get a low temp warning.
When you have a set point of 350, do you ignite it with that temperature set or do you start with a lower temp and then raise it after pre-heating is completed?

Back