575 thermocouple instructions

Chinarider1

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 574
575 thermocouple replacement. Has anyone done this? Need help and Traeger only has instructions for timberline

Yeah, I just did mine. Unscrew the controller and let it hang out. Then I removed the top screws from the whole box hanging on the side so it would lean out a little and give me some clearance. I cleaned the probe with vinegar and taped a long piece of thread to it with electrical tape then unscrewed it and pushed it through and pulled it out, it's tucked in there. I pulled the string and tape off and attached them to the new probe and fed it up in there and pulled it up. It was a little tricky getting the probe through the hole but I reached in through the holes up top with a long screwdriver and coaxed it into place. The old one is banded into place with zip ties so I just left it in there and tucked the new wires in and put it back together. It looks like otherwise you have to pull that whole box off the side and that would involve messing with the auger somehow and I didn't want to get into that if I didn't have to. I'll be using it tomorrow to see if the new probe is any better than the old one.

Yeah, I just did mine. Unscrew the controller and let it hang out. Then I removed the top screws from the whole box hanging on the side so it would lean out a little and give me some clearance. I cleaned the probe with vinegar and taped a long piece of thread to it with electrical tape then unscrewed it and pushed it through and pulled it out, it's tucked in there. I pulled the string and tape off and attached them to the new probe and fed it up in there and pulled it up. It was a little tricky getting the probe through the hole but I reached in through the holes up top with a long screwdriver and coaxed it into place. The old one is banded into place with zip ties so I just left it in there and tucked the new wires in and put it back together. It looks like otherwise you have to pull that whole box off the side and that would involve messing with the auger somehow and I didn't want to get into that if I didn't have to. I'll be using it tomorrow to see if the new probe is any better than the old one.
Thanks so much! Great job figuring that out.

I have a Pro 780 and I think I may need to source/install a new thermocouple as well, I see about 195 degrees when set at 225. Since you did this procedure, could you give a little more insight?

Traeger sent me a canned response email with the BAC194 part number for the thermocouple. Is this the part you got for your 575? All the photos I've seen of this for other models make it look like it's mounted vertically to a rail inside the shell, and mine does not look like that at all.

Likewise - what I had at assembly time is a probe extending an inch or so into the shell from the right side, and the hollow tube had a small sensor wire extending slightly from the tube. The tube had a plastic "remove me first" cover as shipped. Is this the BAC194??

I can/will do a little disassembly, just in case I'm missing the whole point, but it seems different from all the other models' photos I can find online.

I have a Pro 780 and I think I may need to source/install a new thermocouple as well, I see about 195 degrees when set at 225. Since you did this procedure, could you give a little more insight?

Traeger sent me a canned response email with the BAC194 part number for the thermocouple. Is this the part you got for your 575? All the photos I've seen of this for other models make it look like it's mounted vertically to a rail inside the shell, and mine does not look like that at all.

Likewise - what I had at assembly time is a probe extending an inch or so into the shell from the right side, and the hollow tube had a small sensor wire extending slightly from the tube. The tube had a plastic "remove me first" cover as shipped. Is this the BAC194??

I can/will do a little disassembly, just in case I'm missing the whole point, but it seems different from all the other models' photos I can find online.
What you describe there matches what I have but I don't have a part number. It did not solve my temperature differential issue though. My probe reads 20 degrees colder than the controller does and I am pretty sure that it is the controller that is off.

Latest Discussions

Back