575 Saying it’s Offline on the App

bms

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Hello,
My Traeger app on my iPhone 12 is saying that my 575 is off-line, but when I go into the settings it has all the correct Wi-Fi settings in there and says the signal is strong. I am currently cooking a rack of pork ribs, and don’t wanna mess around, but does anyone have any ideas or if something has changed? I have not use the grill for a few weeks.

Anybhelp would be appreciated!

The app connects to the grill indirectly. The Grill connects to the Traeger Servers via your home WiFi. Your phone app does the same, via WiFi or Cellular. They communicate when both units are connected to Traeger's Cloud.

If the Grill display shows good connection to your home WiFi, what does it show for signal strength? (in the settings, "about WiFi".

Next I would force close the app and re-try. I would also try turning off WiFi on your phone and see if it connects to the grill via cellular connection to Traeger's servers.

My app worked fine for several months but then stopped connecting. Nothing changed on my home wifi or the grill firmware, so I figured it was the app. I removed the traeger network from my phone and tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app several times to no avail. I had to follow the instructions to completely reset everything and it's worked fine ever since. You can find several posts on this site on how to do so. Here are a couple of threads I referenced.

https://www.traegerforum.com/threads/connected-575-with-help-from-traeger.1614/

https://www.traegerforum.com/threads/cannot-do-the-factory-re-set.1616/#post-11615

Hello,
My Traeger app on my iPhone 12 is saying that my 575 is off-line, but when I go into the settings it has all the correct Wi-Fi settings in there and says the signal is strong. I am currently cooking a rack of pork ribs, and don’t wanna mess around, but does anyone have any ideas or if something has changed? I have not use the grill for a few weeks.

Anybhelp would be appreciated!
After shutting down the grill and restarting, it's working fine once again. Thanks for the help.

I just had same problem, grill saying offline in the app. All WiFi settings are good. Power off grill, unplugged for about 30 seconds, logged out of app. Powered up grill and started app. Worked!

I had a similar problem in that the phone app indicated that the Pro575 grill was offline. After a while of searching and working with Traeger support I found that in the previous week I had "blocked" EXPRESSIF on my network. I use an Eero mesh network. What happened is that one morning Eero via my tablet notified me that EXPRESSIF wanted to join the network. After a bit of research I couldn't see why I would allow this to occur so I blocked it. The next time I tried to use the grill I noticed that my app indicated that the grill was offline. When I tried to reinstall the app and connect to the grill I received the following message: "Unable to connect to grill. The pairing process failed. Reason: grill couldn't get the time from the internet in a reasonable time". Once I unblocked EXPRESSIF I was able to re-add the grill and connect the grill to my network.

Back