575 pro, nothing but issues.

TheMagicNookie

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I bought my Traeger yesterday, and have had nothing but problems. I understand most of these issues probably stem from needing the software update, but this is crazy. I need a WiFi booster before I can update which is disappointing in and of itself, my WiFi cuts off at my doorstep unfortunately.

The temperature swings are ridiculous. 20-40 degree swings up and down, I’m currently at almost 2 hours at 375 on a beer can chicken, the recipe called for just an hour and 15 min, however the calibrated probe read “cold” for the first 40 min of the cook and only broke 50 after an hour, I don’t trust it, a lot of others just doing quick reads on the forums don’t either, I pulled it to check but sure enough even at 2 hours it’s raw a 1/4” into the cut. Wow..... is it. It really 375 degrees? How could it be that much off from factory???

I see problem after problem with a lot of other people as well having the be sent new controllers, new probes, etc. why all the trouble on a literally brand new grill?

this is all incredibly frustrating, especially when I got quarantined elderly family waiting on food. will the update really fix all these issues? I attempted a small ribeye to test last night and had what I guess to be decent results but again, took 3-4x longer than told.

Just wondering how did your seasoning of the unit go??

Just wondering how did your seasoning of the unit go??
Did it to the letter according to the book, temp swings were about 20 degrees if not more.

I’ve gotten to the point where I’ve not dragged this thing into my office to get the update online, but now, nothing is working. I go to add the grill on the app, go through all the steps, most of the time the app just stays on the “grill connected” screen, and nothing happens. Three times now I’ve gotten all the way to the “nickname” the grill screen, everything checks out, but when it returns to the apps homepage, nothing is there. 0 grills, like I didn’t do anything. I’ve reset my phone 3 times, deleted and re downloaded the app 7 times, nothing works. The grill itself is apparently connected, but it’s useless without the app. Nothing’s updated as far as firmware, so I have no idea how I’m supposed to implement it. This is infuriating at this point....

My unit is new as well maybe 2 weeks
.it hasn't downloaded the new firmwares!
Apparently mine needs 2. Have been on the phone with customer service 4 times and they told me to hold tight it will update. So I am giving it 10 days and I'll call again. My wifi and app work fine so in that regard I'm in a better situation than you. I would call customer service and get transferred up to a supervisor. You may very well need a new controller. But you need a case started and get it to a supervisor. Best of luck once you get it running it does work really well.

And as I was about to give up, again, stuck on the “connected” screen, my grill itself starts randomly updating? Weird. I’m on the most current firmware now, apps working randomly out of the blue, i just hope it stays this way. I’m gonna try another cook tomorrow after work to see. I really hope this works out, I’ve been wanting this for about a year now and it’s been a disappointing experience so far.

Maybe I’m having internet issues on top of it all corrupting this process? I have the ISP on the phone now running the numbers. I guess for anyone having the same issues just stick it out. I feel like my post has been kind of scatter brained as far as what the issues are but maybe this might help someone.

My unit is new as well maybe 2 weeks
.it hasn't downloaded the new firmwares!
Apparently mine needs 2. Have been on the phone with customer service 4 times and they told me to hold tight it will update. So I am giving it 10 days and I'll call again. My wifi and app work fine so in that regard I'm in a better situation than you. I would call customer service and get transferred up to a supervisor. You may very well need a new controller. But you need a case started and get it to a supervisor. Best of luck once you get it running it does work really well.
I hope it works out! I just posted what happened as you posted this^^^ maybe it keep screwing with it? I don’t need ow what I did, it just randomly started updating while my screen was stuck on the connecting screen!

The biggest challenge is getting the update. Once that happens, everything typically fixes itself, especially if you can connect to the grill. Enjoy!

Just to let everyone know the current situation, I managed to get a connection after pulling the grill inside my office to do an update. It was a pain in the ass, uninstalling the app, forgetting the WiFi in the grill a few times to reconnect, but after getting froze on the connection screen on the app, the grill controller started to update, and did it twice! Got bike from work and threw 2 tri tip on to see how it goes, out the grill in the front porch again same spot where I didn’t get any connectivity, and I’m good! App works fine, monitored the cook from the dog park about a mile away, temp swings are 5-10 degrees, and it took a couple calibration ms with the probe in the ice bath to read 32-33 but it does now, I have a fancy instant read on the way just in case. It’s been an hour now my IT is 116, right on so far! Super stoked!

The biggest challenge is getting the update. Once that happens, everything typically fixes itself, especially if you can connect to the grill. Enjoy!
And I can't understand why it's so difficult to get the updates!!

And I can't understand why it's so difficult to get the updates!!

I’ve never had an issue, until I tried the extra grill I have in my garage. It and my other grill had always updated instantly.

Mine just has a 20-30 degree difference between what the controller says it is vs what it actually is in there. Colder inside the box than what the controller reads.

I'll have to wait till tuesday when my instant read thermometer gets in to see if there's any inaccuracy as far as real temps go. I did have a minor problem yesterday when going to 500, i don't know if another update will fix it or not but once it got to 500 for my reverse sear, the temp would go back down to 420 and hover, then down to 390. I ended up pulling the tri tips and throwing them on the Propane for a quick hot sear, wasn't about to let it ruin a good cook. I think i'll play with it later today or tomorrow to see if it'll go back to 500 and stay relatively there.

Interesting mine did similar but I have yet to get the update. Yesterday 450 would drop 25 degrees and not really make it back to 450.
Today absolutely perfect!! Go figure maybe we need to break these beasts in. Chicken turned out amazing!!

I bought my Traeger yesterday, and have had nothing but problems. I understand most of these issues probably stem from needing the software update, but this is crazy. I need a WiFi booster before I can update which is disappointing in and of itself, my WiFi cuts off at my doorstep unfortunately.

The temperature swings are ridiculous. 20-40 degree swings up and down, I’m currently at almost 2 hours at 375 on a beer can chicken, the recipe called for just an hour and 15 min, however the calibrated probe read “cold” for the first 40 min of the cook and only broke 50 after an hour, I don’t trust it, a lot of others just doing quick reads on the forums don’t either, I pulled it to check but sure enough even at 2 hours it’s raw a 1/4” into the cut. Wow..... is it. It really 375 degrees? How could it be that much off from factory???

I see problem after problem with a lot of other people as well having the be sent new controllers, new probes, etc. why all the trouble on a literally brand new grill?

this is all incredibly frustrating, especially when I got quarantined elderly family waiting on food. will the update really fix all these issues? I attempted a small ribeye to test last night and had what I guess to be decent results but again, took 3-4x longer than told.
Hi. Touching base to see if things have changed. I’m new to the Traeger world. I was looking at getting the Pro 22, and elected, when HD couldn’t find the one they had in stock, to get the 575. Two weeks in and zero problems. The probe, definitely needed calibrating. I have an instant I trust, calibrated the internal probe 9 degrees. So there is that, but afterwards, perfect. If your WiFi is weak As you indicate, I can see where problems would surface. I read you need a WiFi booster, not knowing your internet speeds, house size, and modem range, I’ll tell you that I purchased googles 3 pack of WiFi “pucks” as I call them. You can buy then individually or a three pack. They are phenomenal. They communicate wirelessly, the first is wired into your modem. They eliminate dead spots and I Greatly enhance signal strength outdoors. There are other options too, but this was great for me. I’ve read the issues with the 575, but haven’t experienced, (knock on wood). I hope the issues you are having are simply internet signal related. A booster will help. Good luck.

I extended my wifi and have no problems with the app or connecting my grill to wifi. The grill temperature however is way off. I smoked a whole chicken using a Traeger recipe which was only supposed to take 3 hours & at the end of 6 hours it still wasn't done. I finished it in the oven. I calibrated the probe that came with the Traeger but it never corrected itself. I verified that with a Thermapro thermometer. The firmware upgrade is supposed to fix all of this, but it is unknown when we will get it. i have heard sometime this month, but Traeger will not give a definitive answer. This is very frustrating and calling them does nothing.

Latest Discussions

Back