2 pc diffuser plate

Bill85

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has made a 2 piece diffuser plate similar to what yoder offers. It allows you to cook open the open fire.
Screenshot_20210122-161231_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210122-161237_Chrome.jpg

It also allows you access to cleaning out ashes aswell.

I've not seen one, I'd rather just remove the drip pan and vacuum out the whole belly.

I didnt know there was such a thing.

I didnt know there was such a thing.
The little portable I got from Country Smokers has a bowed stainless drip tray with slide-open panel to expose the fire pot for searing etc. I believe Camp Chefs have them as well.

Just nothing on Traegers.

Attachments

• IMG_8662.jpg
    IMG_8662.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_8663.JPG
    IMG_8663.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_8664.jpg
    IMG_8664.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
The little portable I got from Country Smokers has a bowed stainless drip tray with slide-open panel to expose the fire pot for searing etc. I believe Camp Chefs have them as well.

Just nothing on Traegers.

and like you already said, I'd rather just have access to the whole thing

My Pitts and Spitts Pellet Smoker has a drip pan with a removable trap door for direct grilling and searing. After getting a good smoke on my steak (180 to 200 degrees until internal meat temp reaches 100), I remove the steak from the grill, slide out the bottom grate, remove the trap door, and slide the heat deflector to the left exposing the flame in the burn pot. Then I place my Grill Grates directly above the trap door opening and set grill temperature for 600 degrees. A good char every time!

Back